The child is both a hope and promise for mankind.
MSWP is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce and community.
The Montessori School of Washington Park is looking for an Assistant Director who shares our passion for Early Childhood Education. Our ideal candidate has the talent and perseverance required to grow enrollment, attract and retain great staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. This position has great potential for advancement.
All Candidates must be Director qualified in the state of Colorado and has at least 2 years experience working in administration in a preschool setting.
This position is a year-round position.
We look for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families, while effectively and efficiently running all school operations. The Assistant Director promotes the social, physical, and intellectual growth of the children under his/her care and works with the School’s staff to create an environment of learning while keeping parents informed of the progress of their child.
The assistant director must develop and maintain a professional relationship with clients and staff. Ensure that all company and state licensing requirements are enforced and maintained throughout the year. The assistant director must be able to respond immediately to emergency situations and handle a crisis. Additionally, the assistant director may be responsible for certain business/accounting task delegated by the head of school, working alongside the board in order to fulfill the organization's mission, retaining and recruiting exceptional Montessori certified teachers, other qualified faculty members, and staff - encouraging healthy growth and development of the individuals
All candidates must meet state licensing standards for a director. The candidate must have school administrator experience. The candidate must have exceptional leadership skills, proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans, excellent communication skills and a passion for authentic Montessori education. A Bachelor degree is preferred.
Benefits: competitive salary, health and dental insurance, paid time-off/holidays, 50% tuition discount, professional development, supportive peers/mentors
Desired Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- A collaborator and culturally responsive leader that always puts the children at the center of decisions.
- Demonstrated success as a leader.
- High emotional intelligence; a genuine people-person, a connector, accessible, a seeker of diverse input, an excellent listener; the ability to be both inclusive whenever possible and decisive when necessary.
- Familiarity with Montessori and an eagerness to learn more is essential.
- Both a big picture leader who can coalesce the community around an inspiring vision for the future; and a skilled manager able to create, direct, empower and hold accountable the administrative and teaching teams.
- An excellent communicator to both internal and external audiences. A compelling spokesperson for the outcomes of the program of the school.
- Familiarity with building enrollment, marketing, and admissions work.
- A commitment to and experience with building diverse school communities.
- The ability to put in place the development of a culture of philanthropy and a consistent fundraising strategy.
- A warm and joyful presence, highly visible in all aspects of the daily life of the school.
- Experience working in a best-practices relationship with a Board of Trustees.
- Ability to partner with the Board to set, track, and measure goals for organizational outcomes and strategic initiatives.
- Sufficient financial literacy to work with the Board on developing future balanced budgets and investing resources where they will most benefit the children and the school.
Join us on the Montessori journey!
Call 303-722-7708 for more information or click below to schedule a tour!